1. He would put the boots to pro-abort Catholic politicians.
2. He would bring a missionary zeal to enforce Catholic teaching in the Church where ever it is lacking. No point in talking about the “New Evangelization” if your own backyard is full of weeds.
3. He would continue the legacy of Benedict XVI on the Sacred Liturgy.
4. He would not hesitate in confronting and chastising liberal bishops, and recommending resignation like Benedict did.
5. Diplomatic niceties with Caesar will end and more frank “dialogue” will begin.
6. He’s American and he doesn’t like Obama – a perfect combination to fight Neo-Babylon and its new emperor. What did Jesus say? A prophet is only despised in his own country.
7. The media will hate him more than John Paul II and Benedict, combined and then some.
8. He’s got the Street credibility and the Curia credibility.
9. He’s nobody’s lollipop. He’ll straigthen up the Curia “real fast” since he knows where the skeletons are hidden.
10. Freedom and contraception are the major issues of our times. He fits the bill perfectly to deal with this: He’s American and the strongest pro-life Cardinal in the Conclave.
Some common objections answered here.
I just had an evil thought. What if the Catholic Blogosphere got behind one candidate like Burke? God could work through the cyber Faithful and elect a Pope! Why not? They say the Cardinals check out the internet to get some info on potential candidates. Help me out! Blog about Burke!
11. He’s young, 64.
12. He’s functional in Spanish (Latin American equation).
13. He carried a big stick as the Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura (high court of Canon Law). This was not a light weight post.
14. Eucharistic and Marian – big time.
15. He’s not on John Allen Jr.’s list…or any “media savvy” reporter’s list. HUGE bonus. He’s not being talked about seriously so he can “walk in a Cardinal” and “walk out a Pope.”
16. He’s a good friend of Michael Voris which will piss off a lot of liberals.
17. He’ll finally be able to visit Toronto, right Cardinal Collins?
18. If he wins, Socon or Bust and a few other bloggers will depose the Catholic Media Establishment as the “go to” sources for insight and the skinny.
19. A certain media cleric will not be amused.