Update: $375 in bids + $375 in donations = $750 raised (Dec.9, 5PM).
Many thanks to all of you who have participated in our little fundraiser. Would have liked to reach our goal, but $750 isn’t bad considering the little time we had to promote our fundraiser and considering the time of year.
Socon or Bust…doing its part to redeem the fraud of modern “social justice”.
Some pics for you to enjoy….
- People of Limio, Paraguay (Mission 2011)
- Mission Photos: August 2011
- Clinic Progress!
As many of our readers know, the Social Justice industry in the Catholic Church has given us Catholics a very poor reputation. It was not always like this, of course. At one time the Catholic Church was almost totally devoted to doing the basics of genuine charitable work. Today, however, instead of engaging in authentic charitable activities like poverty relief, the professionals are busy funding pro-abort, pro-contraception, pro-socialist, anti-Catholic groups in the Global South. And when they’re not engaging in this behaviour, they’re out there pushing avante guard causes like “gender mainstreaming“, “climate justice”, and making sure we all do our part to cool the earth. All of this spending, of course, is financed by ignorant Catholics in the pew.
Some Socon or Bust readers have contacted me to find out where they can donate to a true Catholic charity that is faithful to ALL of the Church’s teachings. This past summer, I decided to get my own puck. I discovered an organization which is indeed worthy of our support. It’s called Children of Paraguay and it now represents Socon or Bust’s officially endorsed charity for poverty relief and human development. Their first project is to raise money for a community center and medical clinic to serve the poor in a village in Paraguay. So far, they’re almost half-way there.
We’re going to try and raise $1,000 for them on Socon or Bust during this week, which of course, is not too far away from Christmas, a time to give alms to the poor.
Provided byFundraising Ideas Center
We’re going to do it in two ways: 1) Straight Donation and 2) Auction. (For any readers who have some items to donate to the auction, let me know.)
1) Straight Donation: To donate to Children of Paraguay online, please click below and fill in the fields as indicated. (Please note: Donations for Children of Paraguay are administered by the Companions of the Cross. The “Children of Paraguay Fund” in the “Fund/Designation” drop down menu is the second selection). To make a donation by other means, please visit their donation page.
*** Please note: Once you have made a donation, please let us know the amount you have contributed by e-mail. All donations are eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
2) Auction: The items below are available for bidding. Bidders should contact me by e-mail and I will update the current bids on this blog entry. Bids close on Fri. Dec. 9 @ 5PM EST. No tax receipts are issued for auction item proceeds collected. Payment can be made through PayPal or by cheque.
- Item 1: Ottawa Senators vs. New Jersey Devils (January 2). 2 Club Seats, Section 117 Row B, VIP Parking. Value: $260. Min. Bid $110. CURRENT BID: $200
- Item 2: Irish Hills Golf & Country Club (Carp, Ontario). 4 – 18 hole Green Fees. Value: $172. Min. Bid $70.
- Item 3: La Dolce Vita Ristorante (Ottawa, Ontario) – Gift Certificate $100 (expires Feb.16.12). Min. Bid. $40. CURRENT BID: $40
The following items can be viewed here. The Item Number is posted in the Comments field directly below the picture. Successful bidder must be able to pick up the item in Ottawa or pay for the shipping.
- Item 2148 Gift certificate from Accent Decor. Value $20.00. Min.Bid.$8
- Item 2146 Mushroom Canister or Pottery set. Value $33.00. Min.Bid $12
- Item 2147 Paraguay hand-made Bread Cover Hand embroided by local women. Value $25.00. Min.Bid $10
- Item 2143 Set of hand soap dispenser. Value $15.00. Min.Bid $6
- Item 2142 Mushroom serving dish hand made by a local women from Almont ON. Value $30.00. Min.Bid $12
- Item 2160 Horse Shoes silver earring, beautiful hand-made by Paraguayan people. Value $35.00. CURRENT BID $35
- Item 2159 Clover silver earring, is also a beautiful hand-made by local people in Paraguay. Value $35.00. Min.Bid $12
- Item 2158 Mate silver earring, hand-made, Value $20.00. Min.Bid $8
- Item 2155 and 2156 Hand-embroided Paraguayan dress ( 100% cotton, takes 8 weeks to complete), Value $50.00. Min.Bid $20
- Item 2154 Little girl’s dress, hand made beautifully-embroided by local women. Value $45.00. CURRENT BID: $100
- Item 2152 Knit by a Paraguayan lady who invested a lot of love and time. Value $30.00. Min.Bid $12
- Item 2151 Adam Apple Cafe gift certificate. Value$50.00. Min.Bid $20
- Item 2153 Two piece clothing. Hand-made. Value $45. Min.Bid. $20
- ITem 2154 Hand-made dress. Value $35. Min.Bid $12.
- Item 2194 and 2195 Carpet. Size - Long: 133 inch Wide: 98 inch. Off-white with very soft blue and pink flowers. Used but clean and beautiful. Value $200.00 or more. Min.Bid $80.
- Item 2196 Portrait of Cuba. Value $25. Min. Bid. $10.
Note: My 7-year old daughter, Tonya, is saving money to buy a goat for a poor family in the Global South. A certain amount (not exceeding $100) will be diverted for this purpose.